SSEHV SERBIA - ANNUAL REPORT 2016
Here is the short list of our activities:
1. PREPARATION AND REALIZATION OF THE ISSE SEMINAR IN BELGRADE, APRIL 2016:
This seminar, which has been organized in Belgrade regularly once in a year for ten years, gathered this time about 15 participants. Besides the regular members of the educational wing of Serbia and the members of the ISSE Institute, the guests from BIH and two teachers from Belgrade were present.
The topics we could hear were dedicated to the implementation of human values in different aspects of human life. Aleksandra Denda and Ivana Popovic Srdanov presented their works for Certificate 2.
2. WORKSHOPS WITH CHILDREN IN THE SUNSHINE SCHOOL:
This year we launched once a month the weekend workshops for children in the SUNSHINE school, our partner school in which we have opportunity to gain experience with the direct method of EHV class. We were very well accepted and children liked to come.
3. Out of these activities in the SUNSHINE school some other actions developed: THE PRESENTATION OF EDUCARE PROGRAMME AT THE PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE “THE QUALITY OF CONTEMPORARY EDUCATION”, FACULTY FOR PRESCHOOL TEACHERS, ŠABAC, SERBIA
The title of the work was “Non – violent Discipline through the Nurturing of Human Values”. The programme was presented under the full name of its author, Sri Sathya Sai Baba, with the stress that its aim was to foster the development of spiritual values. How this programme is realized we explained with the practical examples of Satya Sai schools in India and of SUNSHINE school in our country, in which we do not have problem with discipline, since we build relationship with our students that are based on human values.
Since this was the first time that we presented ourselves to professional public, we were very encouraged with the positive reactions of the listeners, their respect, understanding and inspiration to recognize the importance of introducing human values in regular process of teaching.
The written work passed the review and it will be published in the collection of the presented works. This is going to be the first professional pedagogical publication in Serbia with the article from the field of EduCare.
4. BROADCAST “GOOD TO KNOW”: In cooperation with Ivana Srdanov Popovic, who is the member of our educational group, we were guests in the broadcast “Vredi znati” (Good to Know) of RTV Vojvodina in November 2016 . She was the editor of the programme and I was one of the speakers. The topic was the prevention of violent behaviour of children at the preschool age. We gave solutions concerning human values and illustrated our ideas with the example of the workshops in the school SUNSHINE. The programme is posted on you tube. Here is the link: http://media.rtv.rs/sr_lat/vredi-znati/23799
5. BROADCAST “THE JOY OF LIFE”: One more broadcast with the name “Radost zivota” (The Joy of Life) was realized in December 2016 and was presented in Belgrade`s TV Pink 3. Here I openly talked about Sathya Sai schools and EduCare programme as an alternative to school programmes in which children gain information, but do not develop their moral and spiritual values. The conversation was strictly pedagogical and was very well accepted. Here is the link: http://www.radost-zivota.com/briga-o-decjoj-dusi/?preview=true
6. TWO SEMINARS IN SARAJEVO “NON-VIOLENCE AS LOVE IN UNDERSTANDING” , (7th and 8th May 2016) and THE POWER OF THE QUALITY OF BALANCE ( 22nd-23rd October 2016)
The cooperation with Bosnian and Herzegovinian SSIO has been continued this year.
The SPRING SEMINAR gathered about 25 paticipants. The topic of non-violence as a human value, as well as the non-violent human character was provocative for their maturing and students participated actively in all aspects of our work. We had two presentations, several social games and one workshop. Two presentations were: “Non-violence as a Human Value” and the second “The Culture of Spectacle and Human Excellence”. The presentations initiated good discussions about violence and non-violent behaviour.
The AUTUMN SEMINAR gathered about 20 participants. The topic we dealt with in the main workshops was very delicate and deep, since it referred to the coping with loss of someone (or something) very important and the building of inner balance that would enable us to have good relationships with other people. The presentation we prepared was “Ceiling on Desires”. We explained the meaning of saving and what can (money, food, time, energy) and cannot be saved (things connected with our basic needs). We stressed the problem of balance which arises when we spend too much or too little. The essence of this topic was the nature and role of wishes in our life. We tried to discern between useful and useless wishes and to build the important skill of conscious control over them.
We ended our seminar with new closeness. The group we are working with continuously is now mature and the newcomers easily fit in. We think that this important topic brought them a lot of strength and support. We had a chance to learn a lot from each other on many different levels.
7. PARTICIPATION IN THE EHV SEMINAR IN SKOPLJE, (October 2016) with the topic “Storytelling”
8. STORYTELLING IN THE SHELTER FOR STREET CHILDREN IN BELGRADE AND NOVI SAD
We had two workshops with the children from the street. These institutions opened their doors for further cooperation.
Verica Sekulic Opacic, NEC of Serbia